Here at Dirt Bike Tours New Zealand we run full day and multi day trail bike tours across the mountains in the South Island of New Zealand. You can ride with us on exclusive tracks and trails with beautiful scenery, great guides and choose the terrain; tight and technical or fast and flowing; or a mix of both!
The variety of our terrain is a true trail riders dream offering everything you could want from a motorcycle adventure, hill climbs, big mountains, river crossings, 4×4 tracks or single trail. New Zealand is known internationally for its diverse landscape and starting in Queenstown will blow your mind!
If you want to ride your own bike and bring your own riding gear that’s cool with us OR if you want to use one of our late model well maintained Yamaha WR450F or WR250F machines just let us know, we also have a wide range or safety equipment to suit almost every size rider. With increased direct trans-tasman flights in to Queenstown there has never been a better time to join us in the Adventure capital of the World for the best ride of your life.
Dirt Bike Tours New Zealand does everything you wish other organized rides would –
- We ride in small groups, giving you more riding and more fun!
- We tailor our rides to suit you, easy or hard we have exclusive tracks and trails you will enjoy!
- We do ALL the hard work & organization so you can relax and enjoy an amazing experience!
- We use professional, expert, PHEC First Aid trained guides who are available to help whenever needed!
- We are ex-professional racers and train riders at every level – we can offer you advice on how to be a better rider!
- We specialize in the South Island of New Zealand because that’s where we grew up riding in the mountains and it’s where you can find New Zealand’s best tracks and trails.
Our Head Guide Scott Columb is a 10x New Zealand Motocross and Super-X champion who has also competed professionally in the British, RedBull & World Motocross championships as well as representing Team NZ at the ‘Motocross des Nations’ 3 times.
Scott was born riding in this region, his father taught him the history of the area & how to be a great guide; his experience & passion is your greatest asset. Scott is again competing for another NZ title this summer so is available only on certain dates.
Lachie LOVES riding dirt bikes and with 1x ISDE Silver medal and 2x A4DE Gold medals to his name he’s not too bad at it either. His passion for trail riding is infectious and his knowledge of the tracks and trails in the mountains of the South Island is extensive as is his access to exclusive high-country stations.
If the weather turns bad his knowledge can save lives and he can offer tips to make you a better rider. Lachie loves to tailor organised rides and trail bike tours to suit you so contact DBTNZ today.
Stephen Gall – Australian Motorcycle Legend
Geoff Ballard, Aussie Dirt Bike Legend
4x World EnduroGP Champion
Henry Cole – Presenter/Writer (World’s greatest motorcycle rides)
We took the boys from Dirt Rider Downunder magazine on one of our epic multi-day tours.
Read what they had to say about the experience below and check out their footage of the tour.